Boozy Fruity Goodness
My bloggy friend Tanya over at Chica Andaluza posted about a wine based Boozy Christmas Fruit about a week ago.
I’ve mulled the idea over and decided to give something similar a go.
I’m not a fan of fruit cake.
Is it wrong to admit that? I’ve tried many versions and none of them entice me.
Something about the candied fruits puts me off. However, plump brandy filled fruit baked into a bread or cake is another thing indeed.
I am soaking my fruit in brandy, in anticipation of making a boozy New Years Eve party treat.
Here’s what I used…..
into the canning jar place….
- 1/4 cup of golden raisins
- 1/4 cup of (regular) raisins
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup of dried apricots
- 1/2 cup of dried figs
- enough brandy (or rum) to cover the fruit
- place the lid on the jar and set it in a cool, dark place for at least 3 days (or more)
I’ll post about what I am using this boozy fruit in next week.
- Easy Christmas Cake (cheetahsinmyshoes.wordpress.com)
- Boozy Baking and a Squeeze of Lemon in My Tea: Rich Fruit Cake (DIY Wedding Cake) (chaoticallyme.wordpress.com)