Black Friday – Cyber Monday Smart Phone shopping tips
I’m taking a break from left-over turkey recipes today. However, I am posting a link-up for recipes that work with turkey or chicken. If you’ve got a recipe to add, please do!
- I’m recovering from a sinus infection and bronchitis (yucky enough to earn me two shots and 2 prescriptions at the doctor on Monday).
- In order to allow Jordan Lake, a P.R. consultant from AT&T to provide us with some useful information about our smartphones and holiday shopping.
One website I use for checking out all the after Thanksgiving sales is BFADS.net You can search stores, online deals, buying guides and hot deals tabs.
Please enjoy this informative post from Jordan Lake. Some of the information is DFW specific, but it is all useful.
By: Jordan Lake, public relations consultant, AT&T
With Black Friday sales and Cyber Monday discounts on the horizon, you’re going to want to get the perfect gift for everyone on your holiday shopping list. But, between midnight opening stampedes and offers laden with barely readable fine print, the shopping scene can be a bit overwhelming.
Luckily, you probably have one of the best tools for getting the most out the holiday shopping season right in your pocket: a smartphone. With this technology at your fingertips and a few simple tips to guide you, you’ll soon be on your way to becoming a holiday shopping ninja.
1. Scan those codes! Apps like the AT&T Code Scanner will scan just about any UPC code you come across using your phone’s built-in camera. Not only can you find out if you’re getting a good price, the app can search nearby stores and online shopping sites for the same product to see if it can find you a better deal.
2. Follow the social media accounts of your favorite brands on-the-go. Retailers will be using Facebook, Foursquare and Twitter to announce deals and limited-time savings throughout the holiday season – by staying in the loop you can get the best deals.
3. Receive updates on Black Friday sales using apps that track deals at your favorite stores to help you comparison shop without leaving the house. Apps like GottaDeal will help keep you updated about the best deals around town. Retailers are getting into the app business as well, with large stores like Wal-Mart and Target releasing shopping guides that will keep deal-seekers informed on their smartphones.
4. Take advantage of deals in the area with apps like YP Yellow Pages & Gas Prices, from AT&T Interactive. These free apps can help you find local businesses, discover discounts and share these deals directly from your phone.
Whether you’re out hunting for that special someone or treating yourself to a holiday splurge, remember that your smartphone can be your secret weapon this holiday shopping season. Here at AT&T, we’re getting in the spirit and will be sharing more helpful tips on our local Twitter account @ATT_DFW on Black Friday and beyond.
I received no compensation for this post. I believe it to be worth while information and I was happy for a day of rest since I am sick and Black Friday sales are just days away.