Updates, Broken limbs and Food Co-ops
How have you been? Things have been crazy here in my household. The weather has been crazy hot (over 100 degrees F many days).
Hades called, they want their weather back.
I’m inclined to give it back, I’m not a fan of melting.
Since we have stolen Hades’ weather, my garden is mostly finished (Garden Gab the wilt-ey edition), the jalapeño peppers, tomatoes and watermelon plants are hanging on, but barely. It’s far too ugly to show a picture of.
My sweet daughter turned 13, began wearing make-up and then promptly broke her arm. Not that I believe make-up and broken limbs are related items, but it’s hard watching them grow up and it’s hard watching them get hurt.
Sadly, she has her mother’s grace and fell off the bed onto her hand. Scaphoid bone, fractured.
She’ll be in a cast for at least 12 weeks.
I want to tell you about a food co-op I’m taking part in. My friend and blogging goddess Lane wrote a post in July about Bountiful Baskets Food Co-op.
I have participated for about 4 weeks now. I am really enjoying it.
$15 for a basket of 1/2 fruit and 1/2 veggies. $25 for an all organic basket. You can buy bread, granola, extra fruit and veggie packs. (I bought 12 pounds of mixed plums for $12 a few weeks ago).
The produce is fresh, good-looking and (usually) cheaper than it would be at my local grocery store.
Check it out, see if your area has a co-op. Bountiful Baskets. The window buy-in to the co-op for the week is Monday (noon local time) to Tuesday evening. Check them out on Monday.
This week I got:
- 1 bunch of bananas
- 1 bunch of Tuscan kale
- 1 bunch of celery
- 4 green peppers
- 4 mangoes
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 large bunch of broccoli
- 1 large bag of red cherries
- 1 large Melon
18 items for $15. Not too shabby.
So, what’s new with you?
- Posted in: Birthday ♦ blogging ♦ Cooking ♦ Dallas ♦ Dallas-Ft. Worth ♦ DFW ♦ Family ♦ food ♦ Frugal living ♦ Fruit ♦ Garden Gab ♦ grocery shopping ♦ just thinking ♦ Texas ♦ Veggies
- Tagged: 13, birthday, broken limbs, Business, Cooperative, daughters, food, Food and Related Products, Food cooperative, garden gab, Gardening, Grocery store, Hades, heat, HOT weather, Local food, Melon, Retail, Tomato