Chicken Taco Salad
Taco Salad, remade.
When I was young, my mother made taco salad all the time. Ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, pinto beans, Catalina dressing and Doritos. We had this version of taco salad almost weekly.
When I married and became the “cook” I began making the salad too.
It’s very kid friendly, it’s easy to assemble and made with ground chicken it’s healthier.
This salad is also yummy, meat free.
- 1 pound of ground chicken, browned
- 1 head of lettuce or one bag of salad mix
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (more or less at your preference)
- 1 can of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups of Doritos, (placed in a bag and broken up into small pieces *but not crushed*)
- 1/3 cup + of Catalina dressing, I make my own. Recipe follows..
To make the salad, add all the ingredients (except the dressing) into a bowl. Mix well, slowly add dressing until the salad is covered, but not drowning.
Makes about 2 cups of dressing.
- 1/3 cup ketchup, any brand
- 1/3 cup of white sugar or 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup onion , grated
- 2/3 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2/3 teaspoon (to taste) salt and pepper
- Posted in: blogging ♦ Cooking ♦ Dallas ♦ Dallas-Ft. Worth ♦ DFW ♦ dinner ♦ Family ♦ food ♦ Frugal living ♦ homemaking ♦ How to ♦ just thinking ♦ lunch ♦ Meat ♦ meatless ♦ meatless monday ♦ pinterest ♦ Texas ♦ Things that made me LOL ♦ Veggies
- Tagged: Bean, blogging, Chicken, Common bean, cook, Cooking, dinner, Doritos, Family, food, frugal living, Fruit and Vegetable, Home, homemade, Homemaking, meatless Monday, Olive oil, Recipe, Salad, Sugar, Tablespoon, Taco salad, Teaspoon, Texas, Tomato