Slow Cooker Monday, this week in FAIL
Cream of Leek and Potato soup
I wanted to make something that could be made for meatless Monday or could be made Vegan.
I decided to make Julia Child’s recipe.
I made a few small changes. Instead of water I used homemade veggie stock, I used little potatoes instead of large russets and I did not peel them & I used half & half instead of heavy cream and sour cream.
- I cooked the soup in my slow cooker on High for 5 hours
- I used my immersion blender to make the soup creamy
- The soup was perfectly creamy without the milk products added to it. *Stop here for Vegan*
- I added the half & half to the soup and allowed it to cook on low for 1 more hour.
The soup was not entirely successful. Two of us liked it, two of us hated it so much that we only ate salad for dinner.
Hopefully Allie has a more than 50% successful post for us today.
Please join Allie and me by linking up your new or previously posted slow cooker adventures!
- Slow Cooker Apple-Pear Butter (adashofdomestic.wordpress.com)
- Slow Cooker Monday, Breakfast Style (adashofdomestic.wordpress.com)
- Slow Cooker Attempt #1 (myreciperesolution.wordpress.com)
- Last Chance Winter Soup (blendedgoodness.wordpress.com)
- Southwestern Red Bean Vegetable Soup (challengeu2cook.wordpress.com)
- Posted in: blogging ♦ Cooking ♦ Dallas ♦ Dallas-Ft. Worth ♦ DFW ♦ dinner ♦ Family ♦ food ♦ Frugal living ♦ grocery shopping ♦ homemaking ♦ How to ♦ just thinking ♦ meatless ♦ meatless monday ♦ savory ♦ slow cooker ♦ Texas ♦ things that make you go Yum ♦ This week in FAIL ♦ Veggies
- Tagged: Allie, blogging, Broth, cook, Cooking, Family, food, frugal living, Fruit and Vegetable, Home, homemade, Homemaking, Julia Child, meatless Monday, Potato, Recipe, Slow cooker, Soup, Soups and Stews, Tablespoon, Texas, Vegan, vegetarian
It certainly LOOKS pretty! I have a feeling I’d be in that “likes it” half–especially since there’s a vegan option, yay! (I also love that we both made winter-esque recipes this week 😀 )
I agree. Great minds think alike. 🙂
The vegan option, just for you!!
Yay! Thank you 🙂
Ugh, I hate when things look good, but don’t taste good.
Looks and sounds good though, what a shame, but hey..this is real life and it´s great that you share both the highs and lows 😉
We’ve all had a #fail and we’ll have them again. It does look pretty.