This French toast like breakfast casserole is a favorite in my home. I make a large batch so it can be munched on for a few days.
I used whole wheat bread, but you could use French bread or any other type of bread.
- 9 pieces of whole wheat bread
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 cup of dried cranberries (or other dried berry of your choice)
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 & 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray. Arrange the bread in layers, sprinkle cranberries over each layer.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon
- Pour the liquid mixture over the bread. Make sure that all the bread is covered in the egg mixture. *I use my hands to mash the bread slices up.*
4. Cover the baking dish with foil and refrigerate overnight.
5. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Bake covered for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 5-10 minutes more.
6. Let the casserole stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Posted in: baking ♦ blogging ♦ breakfast ♦ Cooking ♦ Family ♦ food ♦ Frugal living ♦ Fruit ♦ homemaking ♦ How to ♦ just thinking ♦ Texas ♦ things that make you go Yum
- Tagged: Baguette, baking, Baking and Confections, blogging, Bread, Casserole, cook, Cooking, Dried cranberry, Family, food, frenchtoast, frugal living, Fruit and Vegetable, Grocery store, Home, homemade, Homemaking, Maple syrup, Recipe, Sugar, Tablespoon, Texas