Slow cooker Monday
Pot Roast is a big favorite in my house.
I’ve made roasts in the oven and in my slow cooker, I much prefer the taste and texture of the roast when it is slow cooked.
I used my slow cooker to make a wonderful roast, then I took the roast to a
with a sour cream sauce and pasta.
I bought some of the new Knorr homemade condensed stock. I really like it. I usually use homemade stock, but I rarely have homemade beef stock in the house. These condensed stock tubs melt quickly and each tub makes 3 1/2 cups of stock.
- 1 roast
- 1 Knorr stock tub
- 2 cups of homemade cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package of Beefy Onion Lipton recipe secrets
- 2 TBSP of red wine (I used Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of freshly cracked pepper
Cook the roast on high for 6-7 hours, until cooked and tender. Remove the meat from the slow cooker, allow it to rest for 20 min. Remove the fat and shred the meat.
- Add 1 cup of sour cream to the broth in the slow cooker. Wisk to combine it to the liquid.
- Add 1 package of egg noodles to the slow cooker.
- Add the meat back in to the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for about 30 minutes, checking once or twice to make sure that the noodles and meat are covered in sauce.
- Enjoy with a salad and crusty bread.
Please join Allie and me for our bi-weekly slow cooker link up!
What have you been cooking lately?
- Slow Cooker Apple-Pear Butter (adashofdomestic.wordpress.com)
- Bring out that Slow Cooker – and Save Energy (thegreenlifeonline.wordpress.com)
- Dear Slow Cooker (theflowerroom.wordpress.com)
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken (alishanl.wordpress.com)
- Western Omelet – Slow Cooker (petitechef.wordpress.com)
- Slow it Down, Slow cooker beef stew. (adashofdomestic.wordpress.com)
- Slow Cookin’ Monday (adashofdomestic.wordpress.com)
- Slow Cooker Vegan Sweet Potato Chili from A Year of Slow Cooking (blogher.com)
- What’s in the Slow Cooker? (dishdashdime.wordpress.com)
- Posted in: blogging ♦ Cooking ♦ dinner ♦ Family ♦ food ♦ Frugal living ♦ homemaking ♦ How to ♦ just thinking ♦ Meat ♦ slow cooker ♦ Texas ♦ things that make you go Yum
- Tagged: blogging, Cabernet Sauvignon, cook, Cooking, dinner, Family, food, frugal living, Garlic, Home, homemade, knor, Meat, pot roast, Recipe, roast, Sauce, Slow cooker, slow cooking, Soups and Stews, Stock (food), Tablespoon, Texas