Slow cooker Monday
Pot Roast is a big favorite in my house.
I’ve made roasts in the oven and in my slow cooker, I much prefer the taste and texture of the roast when it is slow cooked.
I used my slow cooker to make a wonderful roast, then I took the roast to a
with a sour cream sauce and pasta.
I bought some of the new Knorr homemade condensed stock. I really like it. I usually use homemade stock, but I rarely have homemade beef stock in the house. These condensed stock tubs melt quickly and each tub makes 3 1/2 cups of stock.
- 1 roast
- 1 Knorr stock tub
- 2 cups of homemade cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package of Beefy Onion Lipton recipe secrets
- 2 TBSP of red wine (I used Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of freshly cracked pepper
Cook the roast on high for 6-7 hours, until cooked and tender. Remove the meat from the slow cooker, allow it to rest for 20 min. Remove the fat and shred the meat.
- Add 1 cup of sour cream to the broth in the slow cooker. Wisk to combine it to the liquid.
- Add 1 package of egg noodles to the slow cooker.
- Add the meat back in to the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for about 30 minutes, checking once or twice to make sure that the noodles and meat are covered in sauce.
- Enjoy with a salad and crusty bread.
Please join Allie and me for our bi-weekly slow cooker link up!
What have you been cooking lately?
- Slow Cooker Apple-Pear Butter (adashofdomestic.wordpress.com)
- Bring out that Slow Cooker – and Save Energy (thegreenlifeonline.wordpress.com)
- Dear Slow Cooker (theflowerroom.wordpress.com)
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken (alishanl.wordpress.com)
- Western Omelet – Slow Cooker (petitechef.wordpress.com)
- Slow it Down, Slow cooker beef stew. (adashofdomestic.wordpress.com)
- Slow Cookin’ Monday (adashofdomestic.wordpress.com)
- Slow Cooker Vegan Sweet Potato Chili from A Year of Slow Cooking (blogher.com)
- What’s in the Slow Cooker? (dishdashdime.wordpress.com)
- Posted in: blogging ♦ Cooking ♦ dinner ♦ Family ♦ food ♦ Frugal living ♦ homemaking ♦ How to ♦ just thinking ♦ Meat ♦ slow cooker ♦ Texas ♦ things that make you go Yum
- Tagged: blogging, Cabernet Sauvignon, cook, Cooking, dinner, Family, food, frugal living, Garlic, Home, homemade, knor, Meat, pot roast, Recipe, roast, Sauce, Slow cooker, slow cooking, Soups and Stews, Stock (food), Tablespoon, Texas
What a fantastic idea, the creamy sour cream sauce and thank you for pointing out the best beef broth. So many of them taste so fatty and salty! c
Wow! Sounds awesome! I have a pot roast in the freezer right now-maybe I’ll try this soon!! 🙂
I haven’t had a pot roast in ages. Although I might have a venison roast soon!
Yummy. Sounds delicious!
Great idea and good tip about the beef stock as I can´t make it here (no beef bones). Did you save me some?!
Yum, slow cooked brings out the most amazing flavours – this looks great and warm and fulfilling.
Looks delicious and so simple to make.
Wow this looks SO good. I wonder if I could convince my husband to let go of “traditional” pot roast just once to try this.
I never would’ve thought of a sour cream sauce! 🙂