Slow cookin’ Monday
We had a super-duper busy weekend.
Two full days of family and friends.
So, I’m exhausted and I’m sorry, this post isn’t my best.
I’ve only got two pictures and they are not great, but the meatballs I made for our party Saturday night were amazing.
I love parties!
We hosted a party with a few wonderful friends on Saturday night.
Everyone brought a wonderful food dish to share and a sweet treat for a treat exchange.
I made a lot of things for the party, but only one item was slow cooker friendly.
Lovely sauce-y meatballs.
I mixed barbecue sauce, grape jelly and cranberry sauce.
- I used 4 cups of frozen meatballs (because I needed something easy)
- 1 cup of grape jelly
- 2 1/2 cups of barbecue sauce
- 2 1/2 cups of cranberry sauce
Set your slow cooker on low and cook for about 4-6 hours, then set your slow cooker to warm and the meatballs will stay warm for party serving.
There are many options for party meatballs. Try using chili sauce. Try different jellies or jams. Be creative.
Make sure you check out Allie’s slow cooker post and if you have a slow cooker post (new or previously posted) to share
Please link up!
- Posted in: blogging ♦ Christmas ♦ Cooking ♦ dinner ♦ Family ♦ food ♦ Frugal living ♦ How to ♦ just thinking ♦ Meat ♦ slow cooker ♦ Texas ♦ things that make you go Yum
- Tagged: Allie, Barbecue sauce, cook, Home, Meatball, Saturday, Sauce, Slow cooker
Mmm, I always love slow cooker (vegan) meatball appetizers! Excellent party food.
Those sound delish! c
Meatballs, meatballs, yummy, yummy, meatballs. Eat them up, yum. Hmm. That’s not how that goes, oh well!
Meatballs good, parties good, meatballs & parties…fabulous!
Can’t go wrong with meatballs 🙂
Yummm….and easy too!! Love it!!
Only two pictures? They were AMAZING!!!
I really need to get better about slow cooking. New Year’s resolution perhaps?