Spiced Tea Mix
I love spiced tea. It’s one of my favorite holiday drinks. It is warming and spicy goodness in a happy little cup.
Making spiced tea is fairly easy.
Here’s what you need to make your very own spiced tea.
This recipe will fill about 2 pint-sized canning jars, with a bit left over…you know, for taste testing.
How to make it.
- 1 cup of (unsweetened) instant tea *regular or decaf* <~~~ Bahahaha! I said decaf….
- 2 cups of Tang or powdered orange flavored drink mix *not a sports drink*
- 2 cups of sugar, or 1 1/2 cups if you like your tea less sweet
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of cloves
- 1 teaspoon of dried orange peel
- 1 teaspoon of dried lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger
Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Place into a gift-able glass jar.
Directions for use:
Stir in 2 TBSP (or less to taste) of mix per cup of boiling water. Stir. Sip. Enjoy!
- Cooking with Tea: The Daring Cooks November Challenge (goodcooks.wordpress.com)
- Posted in: blogging ♦ Christmas ♦ Cooking ♦ Family ♦ food ♦ Frugal living ♦ homemaking ♦ How to ♦ just thinking ♦ Texas ♦ things that make you go Yum
- Tagged: Beverages, blogging, Christmas, cook, Cooking, Family, frugal living, gifts, Home, homemade, Orange (fruit), Recipe, spiced tea, Sugar, Tablespoon, Tea, Teaspoon, Texas, Zest (ingredient)