Punch, not the kind that hurts….
Having a wonderful drink option available for your party guests is a MUST! Because we are having a party with adults and children, I am making two different juice based punches.
The first punch is a wonderful, kid friendly, punch made with jell-o. I make different variations of this punch for many of my parties. I love how easy it is to make this impressive and tasty punch.
The picture links back to the original KRAFT recipe.
Ghoulishly Great Party Punch
What You Need
I’ll mark the changes I make to the recipe in Orange, you know, because it’s Halloween. I always make a double batch.
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 pkg. (8-serving size) JELL-O Lime Flavor Gelatin I like to use pineapple or pina colada flavored Jell-o.
- 4 cups cold orange juice
- 1 bottle (2 liter) seltzer, chilled I use sprite.
- 2 pt. (4 cups) orange sherbet, slightly softened I use pineapple sherbet.
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- Because I use pineapple instead of lime, I add a few drops of green food coloring for that swampy look.
How to Make It
And now for something totally adult and lovely!
- STIR boiling water into dry gelatin in large bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Stir in juice.
- I add the sherbet to the punch bowl and pour the warm juice/Jell-o mixture over the sherbet.
- POUR into punch bowl just before serving. Add seltzer and ice; stir.
scoops of sherbet andfruit slices.
Sing me a song, Sangria….
This recipe is my stepmother’s recipe. It has served her well at many a party! The first time I made this for a party, it was a smashing success. It has been a requested party libation ever since.
I’ll be making my Sangria later today. I’m putting it into mason jars, so it won’t be confused with the kid friendly punch.
The Ingredient List:
- 2 liter bottle of Burgundy
- 1 large can of orange juice concentrate/ or 4-5 cups of fresh orange juice
- 1 small can of frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 small can of frozen limeade concentrate
- 2 limes, sliced thinly.
- 2 lemons, sliced thinly.
- 2 mandarin oranges, sliced thinly.
What to do:
- Mix orange juice with water, per the can’s instructions.
- Combine orange juice with the other ingredients.
- Chill for at least 2-3 hours, I usually chill mine overnight.
- Place into a punch bowl, or mason jars.
- Add sliced fruit.
- Posted in: blogging ♦ Cooking ♦ Family ♦ food ♦ Fruit ♦ homemaking ♦ How to ♦ just thinking ♦ Texas ♦ things that make you go Yum
- Tagged: blogging, Boiling, Concentrate, Cooking, Family, food, Fruit and Vegetable, Home, homemade, Kraft, Lime (fruit), Orange juice, Punch, Punch bowl, Recipe, Sangria, Texas, Two-liter bottle