A Waffle recipe, a Swanson Health Products review and a giveaway!
Yesterday I told you a bit about Swanson Health Products. I also shared my sweet and nutty fruit bar recipe.
As I told you yesterday, Swanson Health Products sent me a few items free of charge so I could review them. Three of the 4 items I picked were “new to me” items. Ben from Swanson, who is one of the contributors on the Swanson Health Blog, was so helpful and friendly. He gave me some great advice on choosing my items. Thanks to savvy shopping and Ben’s helpful hints I was able to buy 2 of each item. Which means…1 for me to try and 1 for you to win. Below is a picture of the items I received for review. One lucky reader will win a prize pack identical to the one I am reviewing.
Here is a recap of what I said about Swanson Health Products yesterday……
Swanson Health Products sells a wonderful range of high-quality, competitively priced & mostly organic products.
From vitamins to shampoo to organic flour to oils and nut butters. They have it.
Swanson Health Products is a family owned business that has been selling quality products since 1969.
I also told you yesterday that I’m a big fan of online shopping, slightly in love with coconut water and that I prefer my pajamas. :D Just in case you missed the post. 😀
Here is a little more information about the 4 items I got from Swanson Health Products.
- Rooibos Tea ~ This tea is caffeine free, which is great for evening drinks, I love coffee…LOVE coffee. Drinking coffee in the evening is never a good idea for me though, I end up feeling like a nervous, twitchy Chihuahua. The tea is very flavorful and satisfies my evening warm beverage desire without making me more spastic than usual. I really like that each of the tea bags are sealed in a non-paper wrapper. I could pack these into my purse or a camping bag (oh yes, I camp) and know that they would not be damaged as easily as the paper wrapped tea bags.
- Organic Buckwheat Flour ~ I was a little worried about this flour, I’ve never used buckwheat flour before. I really like that it is gluten-free. I have some extended family members that are gluten intolerant, so having a gluten-free option in the house (just in case they visit) is nice. The buckwheat flour worked great! I made waffles with it. My kids loved them! In fact, my daughter preferred the 1/2 buckwheat~1/2 all-purpose flour waffles to our normal waffles. The addition of the buckwheat gave the waffles added depth of flavor and the waffles soaked up the maple syrup without becoming soggy.
My waffle recipe: adapted
Should serve 2 people. Unless they’re really hungry or teenagers. If you’ve got teenagers go ahead and triple the recipe.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Organic Buckwheat Flour
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 Tablespoons of melted butter or olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
Mix the dry ingredients together. Mix the wet ingredients together. Mix the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
Cook using your preferred waffle maker.
- Organic Unsulphured Coconut Shreds ~ See my review of the coconut on yesterday’s post. Sweet and nutty fruit bar recipe Short answer….Coconut Shreds? Awesome.
- No Stir Creamy Almond Butter ~ I was so excited to try a non-peanut butter, nut butter. :( I did not love it. It has a very strong flavor. Unexpectedly strong. I picked it because I really like almonds. On a cracker, it was thick and had an unpleasant texture. I could not imagine eating an almond butter and jelly sandwich. Not. At. All. I did find a way to use the almond butter. I made peanut-almond butter cookies. They are flavorful and although the taste is different than a peanut butter cookie, they are totally yummy. I will use the rest of the almond butter making cookies. I’ll post the cookie recipe soon.
- I wish I had picked the sunflower butter. :( Next time I order from Swanson I will order sunflower butter.
I really like that Swanson Health Products has a return policy that is good for 1 year. How awesome is that? A year!
The items I received from Swanson Health Products were shipped quickly, packed very well and all in gift-able shape when they arrived at my home.
For more information about Swanson Health Products Check out the **top 5 reasons to shop at Swanson Health Products
Now, for the giveaway.
This giveaway will be open until 10/10/11 at 9:00 pm central. U.S. residents only.
The winner will have 4 days to reply to my e-mail with their contact information, if the winner does not provide me shipping information within 4 days I will pick a new winner via random.org.
Each person may enter this giveaway up to 4 time~ choose from the below options.
- Leave me a comment. Simple, easy 1st entry. *Mandatory 1st entry*
- Visit Swanson Health Products and come back here and tell me 1 “new to you” product you are interested in trying.
- Like Swanson Health Products on Facebook, and leave me a comment telling me that you did.
- Like A Dash of Domestic on Facebook, and leave me a comment telling me that you did.
- Follow @SwansonVitamins on Twitter, and leave me a comment telling me that you did.
- Follow @adashofdomestic on Twitter, and leave me a comment telling me that you did.
- Click the link on the upper right hand side of my page to subscribe to my blog via e-mail, and leave me a comment letting me know that you did.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend! See you on Monday!
- Posted in: baking ♦ blogging ♦ breakfast ♦ Cakes ♦ Cooking ♦ desserts ♦ Family ♦ food ♦ Frugal living ♦ Giveaway ♦ grocery shopping ♦ homemaking ♦ just thinking ♦ meatless ♦ snacks ♦ Texas ♦ things that make you go Yum
- Tagged: Almond, baking, Baking and Confections, blogging, Buckwheat, Butter, Chihuahua, Coconut, cook, Cooking, Family, Family business, Flour, food, frugal living, Fruit and Vegetable, Grocery store, Home, homemade, Homemaking, Organic food, Recipe, Shopping, Sugar, Swanson Health Products, Tablespoon, Texas, Waffle, Waffle iron