Things I shouldn’t say, according to my teen…
It’s rough being the parent of a teen. The emotional ups and downs. The judgement. The sighs.
Teenagers are strange creatures. They grumble and grump about. They are an interesting mixture of child and adult-ish person.
Parenting a teen is hard Yo. For Reals.
I’m weird, according to my teen. Yep, it’s true. My 13 year old son thinks I’m weird, strange, sometimes juvenile.
So here is a list of things my teen thinks I should not say.
- Dude… apparently I am not allowed to say dude. It’s weird. I should not say it.
- Boobs…Moms are not supposed to say boobs. Moms are supposed to say breasts, or never speak of female body parts at all.
- For Reals and True Dat… I’m not a gangsta…I should refrain from saying these words. Apparently.
- Chicken-butt…It’s silly, ridiculous and moms should not say it.
- Awesomesauce…Now this is a big one. This one really riled him up. His friends say awesomesauce. His mom is not supposed to say the same silly phrases his friends say.
It’s an ever evolving list. My son keeps adding new words to the list.
Here is a list of things I do that are weird.
~~I dance, to all sorts of song. I car dance, I dance around the house. I try to make him dance….shocking and horrible.
Hor. ri. ble.
~~I sing. I change the words to songs, I’m silly.
~~I make up words. Like turgers (turkey burgers) and merdle (man girdle)and slink (slushy drink).
Personally, I think it’s awesomesauce that he has his own opinions. But, dude…it’s a free country and anytime someone says “What’s up?” I am always going to say chicken-butt.
What words or things do you do that bug your kids (if you have kids)?
How are you weird?