Whole Wheat Apple Crisp
If you have not already, please take a moment and leave a comment on my Giveaway Post! You could win free stuff. Free is good right? Right! **. I’ll wait here…go! The giveaway ends on 9/22/11 at 9:00 pm central.
I had planned to try making the Cheddar and Chilies Cornbread Scones, but I’ve got a sick little girl (okay….she’s 12, but she’s still my little girl!) I took her to the doctor today, yucky sinus infection. Poor baby. It is so awful to have a sick child. As a parent, I want to protect my children, as a mom…I’m the fixer. I can not fix an infection, I can not fix the headache that has been tormenting her. I can only keep her as comfortable and hydrated as possible, give her the medication the doctor prescribed and make her apple crisp. 😀
Here is my ingredient list.
- 2 pint jars of Apple Pie Filling
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Gold Medal® white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup cold butter or margarine, cut into 6 pieces
You can find the recipe here.
As the apple crisp was baking, my house filled with wonderful, fall-ish smells. I simply adore fall smells.
- Posted in: baking ♦ blogging ♦ canning ♦ Cooking ♦ desserts ♦ Family ♦ food ♦ Frugal living ♦ Giveaway ♦ homemaking ♦ Texas ♦ things that make you go Yum
- Tagged: Apple, Apple crisp, applepie, baking, Baking and Confections, blogging, cook, Cooking, Family, Flour, food, frugal living, Fruit and Vegetable, Gold Medal, Home, homemade, Homemaking, Pumpkin pie spice, Recipe, Sugar, Tablespoon, Texas