White Wheat Oat Quick Bread
If you have not already, please take a moment and leave a comment on my Giveaway Post **. I’ll wait here…go!
How was your weekend? Mine was very nice! We went to a house blessing and saw some lovely friends and……We had rain! Can I get a WOOT?! It was lovely to hear the rain beating down upon the roof. We’ve been rain free for so long.
Rain makes me want to bake. Heh! Who am I kidding, any weather makes me want to bake. I’m just using the rain as a convenient excuse. 😀
One of the Gold Medal recipe cards that I received with the myblogspark package, was for a quick bread.
Fruit and Oats, lovely!
Here is the ingredient list.
- 1 cup 5-grain rolled whole-grain cereal or old-fashioned oats *I used old-fashioned oats
- 3 cups Gold Medal® white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter or margarine, cut into small pieces *I used butter
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, cherries or raisins *I used 1 cup of dried fruit, half cranberries and half raisins.
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
Gather your ingredients and follow this link to the recipe.
This bread is wonderful. Not too sweet. It is moist and lovely.
**And now for a neat surprise. Go to the Betty Crocker website. Look through the recipes listed here. These recipes all use White whole wheat flour. Pick one recipe from this website that you would like to try using the white whole wheat flour. Return to the giveaway and leave a comment telling me which recipe from the Betty Crocker website you would like to try. Doing this will give you a 2nd entry in the giveaway. 🙂 Please mark that entry as Entry #2 **