Farmer’s Market inspired Carrot Raisin Bread
Monday we went to the Farmer’s Market. I was mostly out of produce, plus my husband works near-ish to the market so we got to see him in the middle of the day. That’s always a plus.
Here is what we bought. I took a picture before I put the produce in the fridge this time. I was surprised by how many comments I got about my fridge. I love my fridge and I guess you do too!
Anyhoo, here’s what we bought.
- three types of tomato
- 2 avocados
- sugar snap peas
- 8 ball squash
- onions (multi-colored)
- bell peppers
- corn on the cob
- a watermelon
- giant carrots
See. Giant carrots. A bunnies delight. I have 7 of them. 🙂 I’ve roasted a few. Now it’s time to make some carrot raisin bread!
I’m making a double batch, but I’ll give you the instructions for making a single batch.
Carrot Raisin Bread
- 1 cup of cake flour (yes, I’m using cake flour again. If you don’t have cake flour you can use this guide to make a substitution…..pssstttt using corn starch)
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 2/3 to 3/4-1 cup of sugar or honey (2/3 if you like breads less sweet and 3/4-1 cup if you like it sweeter)
- 1/3 cup of butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup of golden raisins
- to make a neat topping for the cake/bread Mix 2 TBSP of sugar with T TBSP of orange peel and sprinkle it over the cake/bread before baking.
Heat oven to 350 deg F. spray a square pan with baking spray
Mix dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
Add yogurt, sugar/honey, butter, and eggs. mix well.
Stir in raisins & carrot
Spread the batter into loaf pan.
Bake for about 1 hour and 5 min. (or until done and a tooth pick or knife comes out clean when you check the bread)
Serve it with cream cheese drizzle.
3-oz package cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup confectioners sugar
3 TBSP milk
1 TBSP margarine or butter, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla
In small bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat above ingredients until smooth.
Drizzle it over the loaves.
I’m linking up with Tandy @ Lavender and Lime for this week’s food challenge. Something Sweet. Using dried fruits…Raisins.
- Posted in: baking ♦ blogging ♦ Cakes ♦ Cooking ♦ deserts ♦ Family ♦ food ♦ homemaking ♦ meatless ♦ snacks ♦ things that make you go Yum ♦ Veggies
- Tagged: baking, Baking powder, Bread pan, cake, Carrot, Carrot Coffee Cake, Coffee cake, cook, Cooking, Cream cheese, Family, Farmers Market, Flour, food, Fruit and Vegetable, Home, homemade, Homemaking, Recipe, Strained yoghurt, Sugar, Tablespoon, Wheat flour