Oven Roasting Carrots, the easy way.
My daughter and I went to our local Farmer’s Market on Monday. Although I have a garden, I am not able to fulfill all my families fruit and veggie needs. When I am able to, I prefer to shop for my fruit and veggies at my local Farmer’s Market.
We bought these giant carrots.
Here is how I roast my carrots, it’s fairly easy……
- Set oven temp to 350 deg F
- Wash and peel carrots
- place a large piece of foil on a baking sheet (large enough to fold the foil over and make a closed packet)
- place carrots on the foil
- drizzle with olive oil
- sprinkle with sea salt
- sprinkle with a small amount of brown sugar (1 TBSP)
- you could also sprinkle cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice on them. I make my own pumpkin pie spice
- fold foil up on the sides and pinch it together in the center (like you are making a package)
- make a few small slits in the foil
- bake for 45 min to 1 hour (depending on the size of the carrots) my giant carrots took closer to an hour and a half.