Meatless Monday-Black Beans
Here’s what you will need to make the quesadillas.
- cheese (I like colby jack cheese)
- flour tortillas ~~If you want to make your own tortillas check out this post on Clockwork Lemon
- 4 ounce can of diced green chilies (drained)
- 1/4 TBSP of cilantro leaves (chopped) or less…to taste
- sour cream (if you like it)
- guacamole (if you like it)
- salsa (if you like it) If you want to make your own salsa check out this post on from the Cookbook shelf
- green, red or yellow peppers (if you like) diced
Mix drained green chilies with cilantro and 2 cups of cooked and rinsed black beans.
I mash my black beans a bit.
If your adding peppers or extra onions sauté them and add them to the bean mixture.
Heat a skillet on medium heat. Spray pan with cooking spray.
Place 1 tortilla on the hot skillet and place 1 slotted spoon full of bean mixture on the tortilla. Cover with a generous helping of cheese. Place 2nd tortilla on top. Cook for about 1 1/2-2 min. Spray the top tortilla with cooking spray and carefully flip and cook for additional 1- 2 min.
Repeat until you have enough servings for your family and maybe a few to save for snacks.
Cut in 4th’s and serve with salsa, guacamole and/or sour cream.
Cool the extra beans and save for future meals. These beans will also freeze well.
I also made rice.
Here are links to two “round two” black bean meals.
I’ll be making green chilie and chicken soup later in the week with my extra beans.