Fish Tacos and Salsa rice
I am making my good friend Lane’s fish tacos tonight. They’re easy, sound delish and I’m in need of easy right now.
On a completely unrelated note, I am seriously disliking the steroids that the doctor put me on. I have felt like a Chihuahua stuck at a Doberman Pinscher meet and greet for over 24 hours (that would be super shaky, sleepless, jumpy, grumpy and spastic) I’m glad tomorrow is the last dose.
I am going to make my easy salsa rice to go with the fish tacos, and because I am not able to “not mess” with recipes I will be adding a taco seasoning to the coleslaw that goes into the fish tacos. Here is the easy rice recipe.It’s easiest if you have a rice cooker, because you dump it in, plug it in, turn it on and go about your business while it does the work.
- 3 cups of uncooked (not instant) rice *white or brown…you choose*
- 1 package of taco seasoning, because I like short cuts, but you could use chili powder, cumin, garlic, get creative.
- 1 cup of salsa, chunky. Mild, medium or hot…it’s your mouth. My daughter is “spicy” sensitive so we use mild.
- 3 cups of water
- 1 heaping tablespoon full of garlic unless you’re a vampire 😉
- stir it, plug it in and in about 30-ism min you’ll have wonderful salsa rice.
The fish tacos seem pretty easy. Bake the fish, prepare the coleslaw, warm the tortillas. Here’s the alteration. 1/4 to 1/2 packet of Taco seasoning added to the 1 cup of coleslaw dressing to give it a Tex-Mex flair. More = zestier Here’s my fancy (iPhone photos)
It was a great meal and my son asked if we could have it every week, he especially liked the taco slaw. A teen thumbs up isn’t that easy to get. 😉