Cinderella Pumpkin bread
I love pumpkin bread. Love, love, love pumpkin bread. It’s one of my favorite sweet breads. In fact, the only bread I like better than pumpkin is cranberry banana.
Because I like pumpkin bread so much, I’ve tried many different recipes.
Sort of like the Prince trying to find Cinderella.
I have tried many that were good, but not quite right.
I’m happy to report that I believe I have found my Cinderella recipe.
I found a recipe on Libby’s website.
The recipe is for a cranberry pumpkin bread.
I thought it needed more pumpkin and more pumpkin spice so I altered it a bit.
Here is the Libby’s recipe (direct from their website). I will notate in purple any changes I made to it.If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice…here is another option.
Mix nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, and allspice in equal parts and use 2 tablespoons of that.
If you don’t have ginger, don’t sweat it, many pumpkin bread recipes don’t list it as an ingredient.
You just made pumpkin pie spice!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice I used 2 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice.
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin I used a larger can. The can I used was 28 ounces.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice or water I used orange-pineapple juice (because it was what I had)
- 1 cup sweetened dried, fresh or frozen cranberries I only put cranberries in one of the two loaves I made.
DirectionsPRE-HEAToven to 350° F. Grease and flour two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.COMBINE flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Combine sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil and juice in large mixer bowl; beat until just blended. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in cranberries. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans.
BAKE for 60 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
The loaf with out the cranberries was done in about 65 min. The loaf with the cranberries took longer. It baked for 15 min longer. I am sure that the extra time was due to the extra pumpkin. Adding more pumpkin makes it a denser bread with a deeper pumpkin flavor.Recipe makes two loaves.FOR THREE 8 x 4-INCH LOAF PANS:
PREPARE as above. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes.
FOR FIVE OR SIX 5 x 3-INCH MINI-LOAF PANS:
PREPARE as above. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes.
- Posted in: baking ♦ blogging ♦ Cakes ♦ Cooking ♦ deserts ♦ Family ♦ food ♦ Frugal living ♦ Fruit ♦ grocery shopping ♦ homemaking ♦ snacks ♦ Texas ♦ Veggies
- Tagged: baking, blogging, Bread, cake, Cinderella, cook, Cooking, Family, Flour, food, frugal living, Fruit and Vegetable, Home, homemade, Homemaking, Pumpkin, Pumpkin bread, Pumpkin pie, Pumpkin pie spice, Recipe, Sugar, Tablespoon, Texas