Whole Grain First Ingredient Cereal, a MyBlogSpark giveaway
That title is a real mouthful, eh?
Since I am working on adding more whole grains to my families diet, I was beyond excited when MyBlogSpark offered me the chance to host a cereal giveaway.
Since my family eats cereal for breakfast at least 3 days a week, having whole grain options is VERY important to me.
Since I have teenagers (or a teen and a tween) cereal is also an afternoon snack around here. So, it’s not at all uncommon for us to go through a few boxes of cereal a week.
Here is some great information that MyBlogSpark provided me with…..
- Start Early! The Dietary Guidelines recommend people get at least 48 grams of whole grain in their daily diets. Get a jump-start on the day’s nutrition by incorporating whole grain into your morning routine. For instance, when choosing cereal make sure whole grain is listed as the first ingredient. One easy choice is cereal with the white check, which have more whole grain than any other single ingredient.
- Make Simple Swaps. Choose whole grain versions of the foods you love. Great options include whole wheat pasta and whole wheat bread or even whole grain crackers. Also, try different types of whole grain. Use brown rice instead of white rice as a side dish at dinner or popcorn, which is a whole grain, for a snack.
- Don’t Judge a Food by Its Cover. The front of food packages provide good nutritional cues, but don’t forget to read the ingredients and check the nutrition label and side labels for additional health information. Cereals with the white check even include the amount of whole grain per serving on packaging.
To make choosing whole grain easier “General Mills developed “Fast Lane for Whole Grain,” an online educational game. Consumers can navigate virtual grocery store aisles and identify products that have whole grain as the first ingredient, with the option to enter a sweepstakes to win one of each of the 50 cereals with the white check. “
My kids LOVE the Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
Now for the giveaway part of this post….. I received 5 boxes of General Mills cereal with the whole grain white check on them.
MyBlogSpark has offered a prize pack identical to mine to one lucky A Dash of Domestic reader.
To enter, simply leave me a comment answering one of the following questions…
- With which of your favorite General Mills cereals with the white check will you kick start your morning this New Year?
- How will whole grain in General Mills cereals with the white check help increase your whole grain intake?
- How has this information changed the way you read ingredient lists?
You can earn a 2nd entry by liking General Mills on Facebook. Just leave a separate comment telling me that you have done so.
You can earn a 3rd entry by liking A Dash of Domestic on Facebook. Just leave me a separate comment telling me that you have done so.
You can earn a 4th entry by following me on twitter. Just leave me a separate comment telling me that you have done so.
The giveaway will be open for entries until Sunday, February 12th. It will close at 9:00pm central time zone. I will use Random.org to pick the winner.
U.S. residents only, sorry my non-U.S. friends.
I will notify the winner via e-mail. The winner will have 3 days to respond. If the winner does not respond within 3 days I will pick a new winner.
This giveaway is provided by MyBlogSpark and General Mills.