Slow Cooker Monday, Breakfast Style
Slow Cooker, Overnight Oatmeal.
- 2 cups of Steel Cut or Irish oats
- 7-8 cups of water (I use 8 cups for creamier oatmeal)
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup of dried cranberries, raisins, blue berries or other dried fruit
I spray my slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Then add all the ingredients, stir, place the lid on and cook for 6-8 hours on low. The longer you cook it the more creamy the oatmeal.
Once the oatmeal is cooker, I place 3/4 cup portions into small plastic containers. I get about 8-10 serving portions per batch. I place the containers into the fridge and in the morning (or anytime someone wants some oatmeal) all they need to do is warm it up.
Have a super Monday.
- Posted in: blogging ♦ breakfast ♦ Cooking ♦ Family ♦ food ♦ Frugal living ♦ Fruit ♦ How to ♦ just thinking ♦ meatless ♦ slow cooker ♦ Texas ♦ things that make you go Yum
- Tagged: Allie, blogging, Christmas, cook, Cooking, Family, frugal living, Fruit and Vegetable, Home, homemade, Homemaking, meatless Monday, Monday, Oatmeal, Recipe, Slow cooker, Steel-cut oats, Tablespoon, Texas