Giftable Hot Cocoa mix…
Is there anything more comforting on a cold winter day than Hot Chocolate?
I’m going to go ahead and say NO.
Gifting a lovely jar of homemade cocoa mix is
always usually a hit.
Who loves it?
- Kids, especially with whipped cream on it
- Teens, gah…they just like it…’kay
- Adults, because you can add liquor to it
- Teetotalers, even those who don’t like the boozie cocoa, love a good chocolaty drink
- Dogs, but don’t give it to them…please
Who does not love it?
- Zombies, because of the shocking lack of brains
- Scrooge, anything fun is a No-No to a Scrooge
- Cats, because they are persnickety…plus they like stinky food
How to create a jar full of chocolate bliss….. adapted from a recipe on myrecipes.com
You will need a 1 quart canning jar or other 1 quart cute-sey container
- add 1 cup of sugar to the jar
- add 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder to the jar
- add 1 cup of powdered milk to the jar
- add 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the jar
- add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips *or minty chocolate chips*…to the jar
- add 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows to the jar
Now, I must ban the word jar for the rest of the post…due to over use.
It will be a tight fit, but if you tap the container a bit to compact the ingredients the marshmallows WILL fit.
Directions for use of the cocoa mix.
1 container = 12 (1 cup) servings of cocoa.
- mix the cocoa ingredients in a bowl
- 1/3 cup of the cocoa mix added to 1 cup of boiling water per serving
- add 12 cups of water to a pot (or your slow cooker)
- mix the
jar ofcontainer of cocoa mix with the water
- warm until boiling *on the stove* or heat on high in your slow cooker for about 30-45 min, then change the setting to warm and it will stay at serving temperature for hours.
How do you drink your cocoa?
- Posted in: blogging ♦ Christmas ♦ Cooking ♦ Family ♦ homemaking ♦ How to ♦ iPPP ♦ just thinking ♦ slow cooker ♦ Texas ♦ things that make you go Yum ♦ what I'm reading this week
- Tagged: blogging, Christmas, Cooking, Family, food, frugal living, Home, homemade, Homemaking, hot cocoa, iPPP, Recipe, Slow cooker, Sugar, Tablespoon, Texas