Easy Chicken Tacos
I had both kiddos home sick yesterday. So, yesterday was a hectic day. Did I mention that my husband works from home on Tuesdays and Thursdays? No? Well, he does so we had a full house yesterday.
Dinner sort of snuck up on me. Not that I’m saying it tip-toed up behind me and spooked me or anything. It just got late quicker than I expected.
So, I needed a quick, easy dinner.
Does that ever happen to you?
Because I use freezer cooking, I have cooked chicken and beef in my freezer.
This recipe is quick and easy. You could make it with chicken or beef.
- 1 to 1 & 1/2 pounds of diced cooked chicken
- 1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 package of frozen corn (Southwestern style)
- 1/3 cup of salsa
Heat a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add 1 TBSP of oil
- add chicken
- add beans
- add corn
- cover with salsa
- place the lid into the pan
- simmer for about 10 minutes
- sour cream
What are your quick, go to meals?
- Posted in: blogging ♦ Cooking ♦ dinner ♦ Family ♦ food ♦ freezer cooking ♦ Frugal living ♦ How to ♦ Meat ♦ savory ♦ Texas ♦ things that make you go Yum
- Tagged: Bean, blogging, Chicken, Common bean, cook, Cooking, dinner, Family, food, freezer cooking, frugal living, Fruit and Vegetable, Grocery store, Home, homemade, Homemaking, Olive oil, Poultry, Recipe, Soups and Stews, Sour cream, Tablespoon, Taco, Texas, Tortilla